Protesting Your Assessment
If your property is in the City of Davenport, do not continue - visit Davenport City Assessor for instructions
If you disagree with the Assessor's estimate of value please consider these questions before proceeding:
- What is the actual market value of my property?
- How does this value compare to similar properties in the neighborhood?
Additional actions may include:
- Visiting the assessor or assessor's staff with any questions about the assessment of your property.
- Filing a written protest with the Board of Review (see below).
- The Board is composed of three or five members from various areas of the assessing jurisdiction and operates independently of the Assessor's Office. The Board of Review has the power to confirm or to adjust either upward or downward any assessment.
Scott County Board of Review Petition Form:
Download, complete and mail to:
- Scott County Assessor
600 W. 4th St.
Davenport, Iowa 52801-1030
If you are not satisfied with the decision of the Board of Review you have two appeal options:
- Before going on to the District Court or State Appeal Board you MUST file a petition to the Board of Review (see above)
- Appeal to District Court within twenty (20) days after May 31 or from the date that the Board adjourns, whichever is the latest.
- Appeal to the State Appeal Board within twenty (20) consecutive days from the postmark date of notice from the local Board of Review. Visit the State Appeal Board at: http://www.paab.iowa.gov/forms/.