Dan Nagle Walnut Grove Pioneer Village
Walnut Grove was a Scott County cross-roads settlement and stage coach stop of the 1860s. The Village includes 18 historic buildings, some relocated from rural Scott County. Pioneer Village has accessible and modern restroom facilities. Great for school groups.
April through October
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Donations accepted. Fee charged for special events, call for dates.
Walnut Grove Pioneer Village at Scott County Park
18817 290th Street
Long Grove, Iowa 52756
Some of the buildings include (complete list below):
Walnut Grove Bank (c. 1890) features 1890 teller windows and a free standing safe from the former German Savings Bank, Eldridge.
The Donahue Train Depot (c. 1870) was moved in 1978 and restored. The Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy caboose was moved from Galesburg, and restored.
Walnut Grove's boardwalk took shape in 1994 when the Apothecary Shop was opened. The boardwalk features the Bison Saloon, George's Carpenter Shop, Barber Shop, Doctor/ Dentist Office, and Keppy-Nagle General Store.
View of the village train and caboose, blacksmith and other shops.
View of the Walnut Grove Bank and log cabins.
View of the welcome sign to Dan Nagle Walnut Grove Pioneer Village