Scott County Board of Health
(From left to right) Dr. Scott Sandeman; Dr. Ann O’Donnell; Denise Coiner, MS, RTR; Dr. Kathleen Hanson; Dr. Jim Lyles
The Scott County Board of Health
The Scott County Health Department is governed by the Scott County Board of Health (BOH), which consists of five members appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
- The Chairman of the Board of Health is Denise Coiner, MS, RTR. Denise retired from Midwest Cardiovascular Research Foundation where she was the Research Coordinator.
- The Vice-Chair is Dr. Ann O’Donnell, the medical director for Genesis VNA and Hospice and the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House.
- The Secretary of the Board is Dr. Kathleen Hanson, PhD. Dr. Hanson is a nurse and a retired professor from the University of Iowa’s College of Nursing.
- Dr. Scott Sandeman, a veterinarian and owner of Glenroads & LeClaire Veterinary Clinic in Bettendorf Iowa.
- Dr. Jim Lyles, a hand, wrist and elbow surgeon with ORA also holds a Master in Public Health Degree.
History and Recognitions
The Scott County Board of Health was formed and convened for the first time in January of 1968. This was a result of the Local Health Act of 1967, whereby cities with a population of 25,000 or more had the option to join a county organization, continue locally, or disband.
It is important to note that the City of Davenport's Board of Health, "Health Officer" was Dr. John H. Sunderbruch, M.D. Dr. Sunderbruch was instrumental in this county-wide transition and became a member of the first Scott County Board of Health and has served continuously until his death in March 2006.
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday except on holidays
|Thursday, December 18, 2014: 12:00 PM||Scott County Board of Health Meeting||The Scott County BOH meets in 1st floor board room of the Scott County Administrative Center, located at 600 W 4th Street Davenport IA. This meeting is open to the public. For agendas: http://www.scottcountyiowa.com/health/agendas.php||Board of Health Meeting|