What is I-Smile™?
The I-Smile ™ is a statewide program that helps connect Iowa's children with dental care. The program works to improve the dental care system for families. All across Iowa, dental hygienists serve as I-Smile™ coordinators to assist children and be a resource for physicians, schools, and dental offices.
- I-Smile™: http://www.ismiledentalhome.iowa.gov
Who does I-Smile™ help?
I-Smile™ is available to any child who needs help accessing dental care. I-Smile™ also brings together local professionals to improve the dental care system for children in Scott County through regular workgroup meetings, education, and by recruiting dental providers.
What does I-Smile™ do?
I-Smile™ works to:
- Inform families about the benefits of regular dental care.
- Encourage children to begin dental care by age one.
- Identify dentists accepting Iowa Medicaid coverage.
- Help families find dental coverage & discounts.
- Connect families to dentists.
Why are these services important?
Healthy teeth help children talk, eat, and smile with confidence. Healthy habits begin early. Once the first tooth erupts or by age one, children should visit a dentist.
How do I contact I-Smile™?
To learn more call the I-Smile™ Coordinator at 563-326-8645.