ATV, ORV & Snowmobile Registration and Title

SnowmobileNew and/or transferred recreational vehicles are registered in Scott County. ATV, ORV and snowmobile registrations expire on December 31st of each year. ATV's and ORV's registered since January, 2000, and snowmobiles registered since January, 1998, must have a title.

Items needed when transferring an ATV, ORV or snowmobile:

Fees are due annually by December 31 without penalty.

* Before a recreational vehicle or vessel can be registered a receipt, bill of sale or satisfactory evidence that the sales or use tax has been paid for the purchase of the vehicle. Sales are subject to 7% if purchased in Iowa and 6% use tax if purchased out of state.

Use the following application for duplicate titles, Liens, or transfers:

Application instructions:

For assistance, please call (563) 326-8622.

ATV, ORV and Snowmobile Rates

For the most current rules and regulations, visit the Iowa DNR at:

Resident and nonresident snowmobile operators & nonresident OHV operators must have a user permit to recreate on Iowa’s designated riding areas, public lands, and public ice. A user permit can be purchased from your County Recorder.