About Secondary Roads
Jon R. Burgstrum, P.E.
Scott County Engineer
Scott County Annex Building
500 W. Fourth Street
Davenport, Iowa 52801
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Phone: (563) 326-8640
Fax: (563) 326-8257
Scott County, similar to other counties in the State of Iowa, is required to employ a licensed engineer to be in charge of the construction and maintenance of all roads under the County's jurisdiction.
The County Engineer is hired by the Board of Supervisors. All employees of the Secondary Road Department, including the engineer's staff, are hired by the County Engineer to carry out the duties of the department.
Funding for the construction and maintenance of Scott County's roads comes from several different sources. Scott County, like other counties in the State of Iowa, operates with revenue from two different funds. They are the Farm-to-Market Fund and the Local Secondary Road Fund. The largest source of money going into these two funds is the Road Use Tax.
We Provide Service With Pride
- Safe – We are safety oriented.
- Effective – We are effective in meeting citizens' needs.
- Responsive – We are responsive to change.
- Viable – We are viable and accountable for our actions.
- Impartial – We are impartial and fair to all.
- Courteous – We are courteous and considerate of others.
- Efficient – We are efficient and concerned with cost.