Business | Family | Living | Outdoors | New to Scott County
New to Scott County?
Scott County is a great place to live. We're glad you chose to live in Scott County. Below are some links to various resources that will help you get started getting setup in your community.
Scott County services important to new residents:
- Assessor's Office
- Check your property record
- If you live in the home you own, apply for the Homestead Tax Credit
- The Davenport City Assessor is for residents in the City of Davenport
- The County Assessor is for all residents not in Davenport.
- Auditor's Office
- Register to vote with the Auditor's Office
- Health Department
- Get child school immunizations at the health department
- Apply for a permit for a well or onsite waste water treatment (septic) system; request water well inspection
- Recorder's Office
- Property records are at the Recorder's Office
- Obtain hunting and fishing licenses.
- Register boats, ATVs and/or Snowmobiles
- Apply for your U.S. Passport
- Planning & Development
- Check out rural land uses and building permits
- Secondary Roads
- If you live on a county gravel road, you can apply for dust control permits
- Treasurer's Office
- Monitor and pay Scott County property taxes
- Moter vehicle lIcense plates and registration - you get your driver's licenses with the state, but your vehicle plates from the Treasurer's Office.
The following items are not intended to be a complete list, but we hope it provides a start to helping you settle in Scott County.
- The Communities of Scott County
Research the services offered by the city in which you live. Find city contact information, elected officials, and websites links. Your city will also be the best starting point to help with contacting utilities including recycling, garbage and sewer service.
- The Libraries of Scott County
- MidAmerican Energy
- Iowa American Water
- Mediacom Communications
- Century Link
- Central Scott Telephone
- Humane Society of Scott County
If you live in Davenport or Bettendorf, license your dog or cat with the Humane Society.
- Quad City Convention and Visitor's Bureau
Find entertainment and attractions around Scott County and the Quad City Area
- Welcome Center in LeClaire
A great place to learn about local attractions and start your adventure of the area.
- Quad City Airport
- Quad City Times Answer Book
Local newspaper's guide to living in the Quad Cities
- Waste Commission of Scott County
Call for a Garbage Guilde. Find answers about recycling, trash disposal, hazardous materials, and electronics recycling.